The Academic Affairs Policy Coalition works to make academics at Georgetown better for students. Because academics are such a broad and important part of life at Georgetown, the team often collaborates with other Policy Coalitions and groups on campus.
WHAT WE’VE DONE SO FAR:
- Assessed student priorities for academic changes
- Created a proposal for the expansion of available course credit for internships
- Worked with registrar on registration
- Worked with the GUSA Mental Health Team to evaluate academic aspects of medical leaves of absences
- Discussed skill tagging for courses and created a proposal to initiate the skills tagging process
WHAT WE’RE PRIORITIZING FOR THE REST OF OUR TERM:
- Continue to work with the administration on our internship credit proposal
- Facilitate student involvement and input in the registration process and any changes that may occur going forward
- Work to improve the process of medical leaves of absences based on academic concerns
- Continue with our skills tagging proposal and begin the process of tagging courses
- Work on new initiatives like textbook costs and study spaces
Feel free to email GUSA Academic Affairs Chair Sara Clark with questions, comments or concerns!
For more information on internship credit opportunities, please see the Internship Credit Guide.